Postdoctoral Scientist - Slomka Lab - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7195551 (Ref:HRC1428640)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research? Take action now by applying to this great opportunity!
Cedars-Sinai offers scientists unparalleled access to ground breaking technologies, facilities, and resources for conducting research related to an impressive range of diseases and disorders, from cancer, cardiology, and digestive diseases, to genetics, genomics, neurosciences, and women's health. You can continue your career journey with us!
The Slomka Laboratory focuses on developing innovative methods for fully automated analysis of nuclear cardiology data using novel algorithms and machine learning techniques, and on the development of integrated motion-corrected analysis of positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) angiography imaging.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will work under the supervision and mentorship of Piotr Slomka, PhD, Director, Innovation in Imaging, Professor in Division of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine and Principal Investigator, as part of a medical imaging research and software development team within the Department of Medicine. Duties include development and implementation of new research techniques and protocols, analysis and interpretation of data, and participation in publications and presentations as an author or co-author to support the objectives of the NIH research project. You will work independently, but in close cooperation and consultation with the Mentor/Principal Investigator and other scientists, programmers, and physicians.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and completes established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes data from an international multi-site image registry.
- Develops and tests new image processing and software methods.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
- Presents research results at scientific meetings.
- Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
- Performs clinical validation of the study.
- Contributes to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, MD degree, or related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in image or signal processing, medical data processing, artificial intelligence and/or computer vision.
- Basic system administration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very diligent.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Background in medical statistics and computer science (preferred).
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Slomka Lab - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM
Department: Home Dept - Noble
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00