POOL NURSE FLOAT
Job posting number: #7195603 (Ref:hlj_50762)
Posted: November 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Hospital Nursing Float Pool is a unit dedicated to providing coverage for all of our inpatient units when a regular staff is scheduled off for a day or number of days in order to ensure that our patients continue to receive the care and service they deserve and have come to expect.
· The Float Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
· Float Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
· Float Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have experience as a registered nurse in the following:
o Critical care skills
o Medical/surgical care
· Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice.
· Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient.
· Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice.
· Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science of Nursing
- In lieu of Bachelors, an Associate's degree in Nursing plus 1 year of relevant experience may be considered
- Preferred Education-Master's Degree
- Registered Nurse (RN) RN-Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of FL, or a valid Multi-State privilege to practice in FL (must declare FL as primary State of residence within 30 days from date of hire if licensed in another eNLC compact state with multi-state privileges)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) Is required at time of hire for:
11500, 11502, 11510, 11514, 11515, 11704, 16988, or any Specialty areas as deemed appropriate (Nurse Residents must obtain ACLS within 18 months
From date of hire).
Minimum Experience Required:
- Refer to RN Clinical Ladder for level requirements.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.