Director of Nursing Simulation and Information Technology Center
Job posting number: #7196217 (Ref:BSU40506)
Posted: November 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct activities of the SITC and evaluate simulation and IT staff.
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate a 5-year strategic plan for simulation.
- Manage the use of simulation resources, including lab space, equipment, and personnel for School of Nursing as well as other College of Health programs.
- Collaborate with the Dean of the College of Health and the Director of the School of Nursing to identify expenses related to simulation (supplies and equipment) and align expenses within budgetary guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Dean and other Deans’ staff on annual IT plans that are submitted to the University.
- Collaborate with the University’s Division of Information Technology to align standards and practices of SITC staff with University-wide IT standards; ensure that the School of Nursing is aligned with University IT Security requirements and Desktop Support best practices.
- Collaborate with the College of Health faculty and SITC staff to coordinate simulation activities for academic programs in the College of Health that support program and course outcomes.
- Collaborate with Director of IPE and course faculty to integrate interprofessional simulation and standardized activities for students.
- Design and implement educational programs for faculty development related to simulation.
- Review simulation evaluations, make recommendations for improvement in collaboration with course faculty, and provide reports to curriculum committees.
- Conduct regular meetings with simulation and IT staff.
- Maintain membership in one nationally recognized organization dedicated to promoting simulation-based education.
- Plan the recruitment, interviewing, and provide hiring recommendations for simulation staff, graduate assistants, and student employees.
- Teach assigned courses, based on educational preparation and clinical experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.