SECURITY OFFICER III
Job posting number: #7196541 (Ref:hlj_50735)
Posted: November 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Full Time, Thursday - Monday (7a - 3p)
The Security Officer III is directly responsible for making every professional effort to provide a safe and secure environment and providing assistance to patients, visitors, staff and others. The Security Officer III actively patrols buildings and grounds in addition to responding to calls for service. A high degree of visibility and vigilance with emphasis on crime deterrence and prevention coupled with a guest relations oriented attitude is essential.
This position plays a key role in the investigation, reporting and documenting of incidents involving criminal activity, safety and security issues, potential liability, employee misconduct and the resolution of critical incidents.
- Ensures that security sensitive areas are properly secured
- Monitors camera systems and uses cameras to assist in investigations Observes and reports security and safety issues
- Reports equipment alarms to responsible parties
- Checks functionality of card access devices and doors
- Conducts smoking patrols and enforces Center policies
- Conducts investigations and completed written reports on suspected criminal activity, workplace violence, employee misconduct, slip, trip, and fall incidents.
- Responds to calls for service of medical assistance, employee terminations, patient security, patient medication transports.
- Responds to reported crimes in progress and provides assistance to law enforcement, critical incidents, and duress alarms.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Education/GED required.
- Minimum five (5) years Law Enforcement experience required.
- Military experience or Security experience in a hospital/healthcare setting may be considered "in lieu of" law enforcement experience on a one-for-one basis.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Must obtain Florida license within 6 months of employment.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.