Flyout Registered Nurse
Job posting number: #7196637 (Ref:ccf19504814)
Posted: November 27, 2023
This is a PRN position. The Fly Out RN works alongside the donor procurement team to transport hearts and lungs from the donor hospital to Cleveland Clinic via car service or plane. They are required to schedule five 12-hour on call shifts a month (7a-7p or 7p-7a). They are paid a stipend for being on call and time and half when they are called.
Dr. Alvin Wee, Director of Kidney Transplantation Program said: "Legacy is not how much you have achieved but how many lives you have touched" on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWA7DXGXfGE&t=108s. We invite you to join this team in which you touch dozens of lives every day by helping give patients a second chance at life.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
- Participates in the transporting of the donor organ from the donor hospital to the Cleveland Clinic.
- Assists the Donor Procurement team by conducting the following activities during donor harvest: Locates the Organ Procurement Coordinator upon arrival to the donor hospital.
- In conjunction with the procuring physician, reviews the donor chart for pertinent information and confirms the information that is provided.
- Confirms acceptability or unacceptability of donor organ as relayed by procuring physician back to staff surgeon.
- Communicates estimation of harvest time and estimated time of return to Cleveland Clinic. Communicates acceptability of donor to Surgeon, Anesthesia staff, OR Charge Nurse, CVICU Charge Nurse, Security and specific Transplant Coordinator for specific organ. Arranges/confirms transportation for return to Cleveland Clinic.
- Documents cross clamp time. Assists surgical team and sets up supplies as needed during a procurement. Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited nursing school; must have excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills; ability to prioritize work; must be flexible; must have computer skills and experience with EPIC.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking, decisive judgment.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic ever changing environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year CVICU experience or one year cardiovascular and thoracic operating room experience.
- Requires full range of body motion, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours.
- Must be willing to be on call.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: donor procurement, organ transport, donor organ, organ, donor, fly
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.