Research Data Scientist II - Genomic Medicine
Job posting number: #7197672 (Ref:ccf19529548)
Posted: December 1, 2023
Join Cleveland Clinic’s Main Campus where research and surgery are advanced, technology is leading-edge, patient care is world-class, and caregivers are family. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
Cleveland Clinic is looking to add a remote Research Data Scientist II to their dedicated team of caregivers. The Schmit Lab aims to study the factors that influence colorectal cancer across the continuum from etiology to survivorship at the population level. As a Research Data Scientist II, you will utilize statistical and machine learning techniques, high performance data architectures and technologies to build algorithms and perform data analytics, and programing skills, in languages such as SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python or similar, to work effectively with relational databases.
The ideal future caregiver is someone who:
• Has highly specialized skills in computational genetic/genomic analysis, epidemiological science, and data and manuscript preparation.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
• Thrives in a team environment.
• Has strong computational skills.
As a Research Data Scientist II, you will work in a dynamic and technologically advanced environment that allows you to discover, learn and grow. You’ll remain professionally challenged as you shape the career of your dreams and find where you belong, here at Cleveland Clinic.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That is why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you will find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being, and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you will be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare roles.
- Utilizes methods in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AL), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Natural Language Processing (NLP) to design and implement data solutions.
- Documents best practices and solution frameworks
- Collaborates with team members to develop to analytical techniques
- Leverages ML an AI technology working directly with data to define analytics
- Utilizes programming skills in SAS, SQL, SPSS and R or Python to create and design new reports independently.
- Conducts in-depth data analysis to develop and test hypotheses
- Provides guidance to other team members on building basic models.
Communicates and presents analytical findings to other investigators.
- Identifies new technologies available for analytical area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Master’s in similar fields strongly preferred.
- PhD in similar fields is preferred.
- Language required
- Language preferred
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of experience conducting data analytics, math or statistical modeling or machine learning.
- Highly proficient with programing skills in languages such as SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, r similar.
- Master’s degree can offset 2 years of experience
- PhD degrees in related fields may offset the experience requirement
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- In some locations, ability to move up to 15 pounds
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
Minimum hourly: $36.80
Maximum hourly: $56.13
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.