RN Medical/Surgical Float FT 7p-7a
Job posting number: #7197690 (Ref:ccf19529908)
Posted: December 1, 2023
ONA Bidding Period: 12/1/23 - 12/8/23
Join us at Cleveland Clinic Akron General Hospital where we have been providing world-class care to our community for over 100 years. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Akron General, we strive for patient-centered care and comfort with our collaborative team of healthcare professionals. We are committed to serving the community and treat our patients as family.
The Medical-Surgical Float Staff Nurse is accountable for delivery of cost effective, quality patient care, utilizing case management principles, the nursing process, and knowledge from various health care disciplines. The Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to adult, geriatric and sometimes adolescent patients based on established standards of nursing care, by managing assigned personnel and by collaborating with members of other health care disciplines. Nurses in these positions will complete med-surg competency and will primarily be assigned on those units. These are float positions and will also be used to cover non medical-surgical units as needed.
The future caregiver is someone who:
• Communicates effectively with patients and team members.
• Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Can critically think and problem solve for patients’ best interests.
• Can provide emotional, spiritual, and psychological support to patients.
The Registered Nurse selected for this position will be eligible for tuition reimbursement as part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being, and future. We offer our caregivers many opportunities for professional development. The Professional Ladder Program, professional development courses through our Global Leadership & Learning Institute, and opportunities to advance into management are just a few.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
- Updates goals for identify problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in specialty.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
- BLS required
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.