Nursing Operations Coordinator
Job posting number: #7198196 (Ref:10023764)
Posted: December 4, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $31.49 - $48.82 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Nursing Operations Coordinator
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the department of Admin Operations to assists the Vice President/Associate Chief Nursing Officer for Patient Care Services in managing day to day operations, implementing process improvement, training and education, and hiring, coaching and counseling employees when needed. Must have the ability to shift gears and take on additional responsibilities as needed. Must be a positive role model and change agent who is able to adapt and drive new processes and behaviors in the team that become the norm in the workflows and employee behaviors. Serves as the department lead when dealing with highly sensitive and complex patient situations.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Clinical oversight for equipment selection, procurement, installation and training
- Maintains PAR levels of specialty supplies needed for use in clinical areas
- Project Manager for clinic projects and improvements involving facilities, BIS and/or IT
- Coordinates processes, quality control and training of staff involved in use equipment
- Contributes to development of business plans for new clinical programs and services
- Supports patient care services departments and leadership team as needed
- Participates in space planning and clinic allocation including submission of space planning requests and tracking project management
- Reviews/approves timecards as assigned
- Addresses day to day concerns related to facilities, EVS and/or IT support
- General administrative and clerical support. Manages calendars and coordinates schedules.
- Attends meetings, sets agenda and keeps minutes.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with physicians, patients, department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Your qualifications should include:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two (2) years related health care experience
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $31.49 - $48.82 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.