Clinical Laboratory Scientist I - Hematology
Job posting number: #7198492 (Ref:10023768)
Posted: December 5, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $41.92 - $64.97 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Exciting Hematology Laboratory Opportunity: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. Our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We have an exciting Hematology Laboratory opportunity for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist position at City of Hope, located in Duarte, California. This is a night shift full-time position that welcomes new licensed clinical laboratory scientists to apply. We offer night shift pay differentials and a sign-on bonus to eligible candidates. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing specimens for analysis and performing and reporting clinical laboratory procedures, ranging from waived to high complexity, all while adhering to strict compliance with written SOPs and various regulatory guidelines, including FACT, AABB, ACHI, CAP, FDA, and Joint Commission regulations. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to assist in teaching students and staff, working under the authority of the Laboratory Director as per the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988, CFR Section 493.1445(a). Join our dynamic team at City of Hope and contribute to groundbreaking medical research and patient care. Apply now!
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Maintain knowledge of techniques for preparing and processing biological specimens for clinical analyses using universal precautions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in manual, semi-automated, and automated laboratory procedures.
- Perform a variety of complex laboratory tests and procedures according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules, completing them within established turnaround times.
- Review normal and critical results for accuracy and completeness before reporting, promptly notifying supervisors of unusual results or discrepancies.
- Conduct quality control procedures, including preventive maintenance, calibrations, and data recording, to support and participate in Quality Assurance efforts and the Performance Improvement process.
- Utilize standard laboratory equipment, ensuring accuracy and completeness of recorded results, while also performing data entry of diagnostic information.
- Prepare and label solutions, reagents, culture media, and stains following standard formulas and procedures.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) licensure
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $41.92 - $64.97 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.