Tender & contracting Coordinator
Escazu, Costa Rica
Job posting number: #7198627 (Ref:pf-4901706)
Posted: December 5, 2023
Tender and Contracting Coordinator
The Tender and Contracting Coordinator support and coordinate the institutional business in CAC, PAHO tenders requirements, Sales Direct projects and Tender Business Intelligence, identifying portfolio/products opportunities; develop/implement strategies & tactics to ensure that business meets its strategic business goals and financial objectives. The key scope of the role is to:
- Coordinate and support the Institutional Tenders Business in CAC working with Tenders Platform, Distributors and Commercial roles in that region.
- Responsible of the implementation of Tenders Sales Direct Projects in Central America.
- Support Biopharma Latin America Tender Team with PAHO special project identifying opportunities and needs for CAC.
- Led the Business Intelleing Tender to maximize opportunities to ensure a smart participation of Pfizer in every institutional opportunity where Pfizer can bid on improving our Tender Success Rate in CAC countries.
- Understanding the tender market environment, competitors and customer needs to realize new strategies and tactics for the tender business.
- Responsible to ensure Company Tender requirentmes in each CAC countries of the Region with Ministers of Health and Social Securities.
- Monitoring of tender activities by the distributors to ensure effectiveness of our participation in all bids.
- Clarification of bidding conditions and management of the tender preparation.
- Monitoring of the bid management in order to ensure it is aligned with the Pfizer and distribuitors requirements.
- Review the preparation of pricing, verification of source of supply requirements and lead time for delivery of the goods to the market.
- Implement and ensure the Pfizer tenders strategy with our external Strategic Partners in CAC.
- In charge to implement and manage the Sales Direct Projects in Central America.
- In charge to support PAHO project in Region identifying opportunities for our countries.
Sales and Busines teams (NAMs, HRMs)
Tender and Contracting Lead
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bacholer Degree in Business Administration, Pharmacist or related discipline preferably
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- At least 3 years in Tenders, Commercial, Project Management, or similar type roles preferred.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language.
- Experience in the institutional procurement system of all the countries across CAC and knowledge in the procurement system regulation (Ley de Contratación Admnistrativa) will be highly desirable.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Indicate the technical skills required and/or preferred, as applicable.
- Understanding of tender strategy & tactics
- Ability to develop strategies, challenge status quo & influence internal and external customers to protect price in lieu of win-win access strategy.
- Knowledge on computer software such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, PRIME, SAP, GTCS
- Project Management skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to prioritize frequently
- Deliver high quality, accurate work within tight timeline with minimal supervision
- General understanding of key therapy
- Ability to coordinate and work with cross-functional team
- Effective communication skills to outline issues and solutions
- Negotiation & influencing skills
- Decision making
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy
- High level of integrity, transparency of discussion
- Manage multiple demands of a matrixed organization
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, or disability.Mkt & Sales/Commercial Bus
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.