Med Technologist PRN
Job posting number: #7198821 (Ref:hlj_50913)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Perform all tasks and procedures necessary to provide appropriate blood components for transfusion.
- Exercises broad independent judgement and requires minimal technical supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Medical technology or related field is required.
- Florida state license in the specialties of Immunohematology required. Additional licenses in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology and Microbiology preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems is preferred.
- Receives, accessions and processes blood specimens.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of all blood components to ensure appropriate components are available when needed for transfusion.
- Performs and reports routine serological tests in the area of Immunohematology.
- Will adapt positively to change and interact effectively and professionally with others.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology.
- Has 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in Immunohematology preferred
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.