Postdoctoral Fellow, Tumor Antigen Discovery
Job posting number: #7198863 (Ref:hlj_50908)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow, Tumor Antigen Discovery - Jaeger Lab
The Jaeger Lab in the Department of Molecular Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking highly motivated candidates for a Postdoctoral Fellow position. This position will integrate molecular oncology and tumor immunology in a highly multidisciplinary research program. The Jaeger Lab uses sophisticated mouse models, cutting edge mass spectrometry, next generation sequencing, patient derived organoids and clinical specimens to identify and characterize patterns of antigen presentation in the tumor microenvironment.
Following up on our previous work (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-04839-2), we have developed novel mouse strains that enable precise interrogation of protein synthesis and antigen presentation from cancer cells in vivo. Using these mouse strains, the lab will explore the fundamental relationships between gene expression, protein translation, and antigen presentation throughout tumor evolution. In parallel, the Jaeger Lab uses human cells and clinical samples to explore opportunities to translate our findings in mouse models to the clinical setting. Insights gained from these experiments will provide a blueprint for designing novel immunotherapies including cancer vaccines, tumor targeting antibodies, and adoptive cell therapies. Research in the lab incorporates both fundamental basic science and translational cancer research and lab members are expected be fully engaged with all aspects of the lab including experiments, lab operations, and maintaining a healthy, collaborative, and fun lab culture.
- Work with cutting-edge mass spectrometry, next-generation sequencing, and imaging techniques.
- Dynamic, interdisciplinary, and collegial environment with numerous basic and translational collaborations.
- Highly engaged mentorship to ensure effective training and scientific growth.
- Ample opportunity to contribute to publications.
- Position is in a new lab with high growth potential and increased responsibility over time.
- Unique access to clinical samples and interactions with clinicians at the cutting edge of cancer treatment.
- Experience in tumor immunology, genetically engineered mouse models, protein purification, organoid culture and/or immunopeptidomics.
- Eager to learn techniques related to mass spectrometry, protein purification, multiplexed imaging, next generation sequencing library preparation, and immunology.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate experiments and lab duties independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Performs experiments under the supervision of Dr. Jaeger.
- Contributes to the preparation of manuscripts, grants, administrative and research compliance documents.
- Assists in maintaining mouse colony breeding and record keeping.
- Technically responsible for the collection, organization and permanent documentation of data in physical and electronic formats.
- Responsible for data analysis using standardized procedures and protocols and under minimal supervision.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of an M.D. or Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques including tissue culture, PCR, immunoblotting, and nucleic acid/protein extraction.
- Candidates with experience working with mice will be strongly considered.
- Candidates with experience in next generation sequencing library preparation will be strongly considered.
- Candidates with experience in immunology techniques will be strongly considered.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team members) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation assistance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should send their CV, recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Alex Jaeger ([email protected]).
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.