Clinical Manager Imaging - Interventional Radiology
Job posting number: #7199385 (Ref:ccf19548888)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As an Imaging Clinical Manager, you will manage the Imaging department, supervise technical and clerical personnel, perform analysis to evaluate and create new processes or operating procedures, and revise established procedures to achieve maximum efficiency. You will also conduct fiscal planning, budgeting and related financial activities, ensure quality patient care, and you may perform duties as a technologist in credentialed modality.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports status of departmental operations. Manages non-physician managers and support personnel within the department.
- Ensures the department is properly staffed.
- Performs analysis and management studies to evaluate effectiveness of department. Acts as a liaison internally and externally.
- Ensures staff coverage through effective scheduling.
- Conducts hiring, performance management, and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Advises staff of career development and educational opportunities.
- Manages the daily operations for the department to ensure maximum operating efficiencies.
- Initiates, researches and implements special studies and projects to enhance the patient care delivery systems.
- Monitors appointment scheduling and patient flow systems.
- Recommends and implements revisions to ensure maximum service.
- Manages all aspects of the accreditation process in collaboration with Medical Physics and Quality.
- Assists with financial planning and other related financial activities.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget for the section; projects patient levels, staff growth and space remodeling needs.
- Analyzes costs and fees; recommends changes.
- Participates in long-range planning strategies related to the department's revenues, human resource needs and services.
- Performs duties as a technologist as needed, to maintain skills and assist with patient care needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Hospital Administration, Allied Health or a related field.
- Additional experience may off-set the degree requirement.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(ARRT), in good standing; specific credential dependent on modality or may also be credentialed as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, RDMS, through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or be a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board: C.N.M.T. dependent on modality.
- If required by state of employment, a current state licensure required prior to employment, dependent on modality.
- BLS Healthcare Provider required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to evaluate and direct the efforts of others.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational skills and time management skills.
- Minimum five years of related managerial experience.
- Requires high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing and the ability to verbally communicate.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be available for after-hours support by pager and computer.
- Must be able to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.