Research Coordinator I
Garfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7199396 (Ref:ccf19549226)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Research Coordinator, you will coordinate the compliant implementation and conduct of human subject research projects, typically of medium workload and medium complexity.
The ideal caregiver is someone who:
Has research and clinical experience.
Excels working independently and as part of a team.
Is organized and detail oriented.
Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
This opportunity allows you to be valued as a team member and supported as you achieve your goals. You will have opportunities for learning, career growth, and professional development.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Assists with the coordination, implementation, and conduct of research projects ensuring adherence to research protocol requirements which may include: maintenance of regulatory documents and binders, data management, IRB submissions and communication of such to the research team.
- May be responsible for reporting/completion of Serious Adverse Events and/or safety log as defined per protocol as they occur and completion of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and sponsor forms in accordance with GCP guidelines as applicable.
- Communicates with sponsors, monitors, research personnel to ensure all aspects of study compliance.
- Collaborates with study team to schedule pre-site selection visits, site initiation visits, webinars, monitoring and close-out visits.
- May collaborate with primary investigator, sponsor and research staff to plan, conduct and evaluate project protocols, including research subject recruitment.
- Monitors and reports project status.
- Completes regulatory documents, data capture and monitoring plans.
- Assists with completion of protocol related activities.
- As delegated, may be required to attain and maintain clinical competencies for unlicensed caregivers such as phlebotomy, vital signs, ECG, POC testing and other testing as required.
- Monitors research data to maintain quality.
- Understands basic concepts of study design.
- Demonstrates comprehension of assigned research protocols.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of research protocol to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols.
- Assists with preparation for audits and response to audits.
- May assist in the development and maintenance of research tools, such as spreadsheets, questionnaires and/or brochures.
- Maintains study personnel certification records (License, CV, CITI).
- Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Documents the education and training of research personnel as needed.
- May participate in the conduct and documentation of the informed consent process.
- May contribute to research project budget development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in health care or science related field preferred. Degree may offset experience requirement.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of computer-based skills, especially in the use of word processing spreadsheets, database and presentation software, and the ability to undertake internet searches.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-directed with demonstrated ability to work in collaboration and cooperation with members of a multidisciplinary team.
- Within 90 days of hire, must successfully complete certification in Human Subjects Research as required by the Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines adopted by Cleveland Clinic.
- Language required
- Language preferred
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to take direction and appropriate action in a stressful environment.
- Minimum two years clinical research or healthcare experience required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in healthcare or science field may offset experience requirement.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of computer-based skills, especially in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software, and the ability to undertake internet searches. Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
- May have some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
- May require working irregular hours.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Minimum hourly: $20.77
Maximum hourly: $31.68
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.