Job posting number: #7199419 (Ref:ccf19544420)
Posted: December 5, 2023
Main Campus - Acute Care
Become a caregiver with Cleveland Clinic's Main Campus Inpatient Therapy Team to evaluate and treat medically complex adults with varying diagnosis in a dynamic inpatient setting.
Schedule: Monday - Friday with 2x month weekend rotation.
Holidays as scheduled.
Therapists with clinical inpatient experience in acute care preferred.
PLEASE STATE YOUR SPECIFIC INTEREST IN YOUR COVER LETTER
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills and designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities and documents subjective and objective findings of patient progress.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Directs and supervises the activities of support personnel.
- Acts a clinical instructor or participates in the education and evaluation of students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must be graduate of an Occupational Therapy Program accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Current Ohio Licensure as Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare providers.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience in clinical area preferred.
- Ability to walk without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.