Job posting number: #7199505 (Ref:hlj_50937)
Posted: December 7, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Will transport patients throughout the Cancer Center in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have experience in patient transport or other patient care staff position.
- Has working knowledge of lifting techniques with the physical ability necessary for frequent lifting and pushing of light to heavy objects and periods of long standing and walking.
- Transport patients in a safe manner and seek assistance when needed or required utilizing appropriate body mechanics at all times.
- Assist in the discharge of the patients from the inpatient/outpatient units by escorting patients via wheelchair to the exit area and assisting the patient into the vehicle as needed.
- Follow infection control policies related but not limited to standard and isolation precautions.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current BLS required.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.