Market Access, Tender and SHP Lead
Job posting number: #7199840 (Ref:pf-4901977)
Posted: December 8, 2023
As a Market Access, Tender and SHP Lead, he/she will manage the important role of creating and executing comprehensive Market Access strategies through the integration of pricing and reimbursement, health technology assessment, evidence-based medicine review, and health economic modelling activities. Through his/her expertise in this domain, he/she will develop an integrated approach for all aspects of the payer value proposition from early development through and beyond loss of exclusivity to realize maximum commercial potential in government and payor markets.
He/she will work collectively with payers, reimbursement influences, decision makers and internal stakeholders to design and execute market access strategy to increase equity of access to our treatment. He/she will conduct strategic studies with the end consumer in mind and work with health economics and outcomes research to design pricing strategy. He/she will be proactive in maximizing market update by communicating with external stakeholders and discussing the value proposition of the therapeutic area drugs.
He/she will formulate strategies to improve patient journey experience through understanding needs of patients in the market by collaboration with key internal (SMEs, Medical, Marketing) and external (HCPs, Institutions, patient advocacy organizations) stakeholders to understand and address patient needs.
He/she will be single of contact for above-country colleagues for market access, value, tender and SHP strategies/operations cascading and sharing purpose.
- Lead and implement relevant company strategic roadmap and translate them to market access strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to execute market access strategies and tactics by addressing market-based challenges and opportunities related to pricing & access policies/ regulations (e.g. health technology assessment implementation, funding/ coverage mechanisms and scope, reimbursement criteria and pathways, procurement practices, treatment guidelines and supply / demand side access measures)
- Act as a conduit to convey strong scientific value propositions of medicines to key stakeholders and decision makers who may influence government formulary listing and reimbursement decisions; and based thereon negotiate access with payers.
- Own day to day relationship with government, payers, key decision makers, patient advocacy groups and other relevant stakeholders that may influence/impact on access related issues.
- Proactively track and monitor external environment, healthcare landscape, key stakeholder dynamic and competitive benchmarking to identify opportunities for protecting and improving access to medicines
- Perform deep market access analysis to provide topline insights and advice to the Corporate Affairs Lead, marketing category leads on the dynamic and trend in the national healthcare policy objectives, government health priorities and healthcare financing that may impact access to medicines and patient care
- Explore and suggest innovative access programs suitable for healthcare system.
- Develop the tender/pricing strategy in the different sectors over product life cycle and lead the business case development for the internal endorsement on pricing strategy.
- Lead the tender operation team to support commercial team hospitals/accounts tender documents preparation and price negotiation
- Manage Jade pricing system and ensure accurate input of product pricing and perform periodic analysis.
- Undertake and / or commission price sensitivity research as needed to optimize the co-pay or out-of-pocket pricing dynamics.
STRATEGIC HEALTHCARE PARTNER (SHP)
- Drive key account strategies and develop robust key account management plan for selected key accounts/institutions.
- Lead strategic healthcare partners to execute account planning for strengthening Pfizer values among key stakeholders.
- Build strong partnership with key hospitals/institutions through value-added program based on mutual benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Pharmacy, Science, Health Sciences, Economics, Public Health
- Minimum 10 years of experience in market access, pricing, sales or product/brand management, business development or strategic planning, health economics, Key Account Management, tender management or other relevant functions in the pharmaceutical industry
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Market Access#LI-PFE
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.