Associate Director Business In
Job posting number: #7208879 (Ref:hh-64815BR)
Posted: January 20, 2024
We seek an experienced professional with a profound grasp of data analysis and reporting, with meticulous attention to accuracy and precision. The ideal candidate should possess a strategic mindset and the ability to interpret complex data, providing actionable insights for well-informed decision- making. Moreover, we seek a leader dedicated to upholding data integrity and industry best practices, ensuring reliable and accurate information delivery. Exceptional communication skills and a solid commitment to teamwork are indispensable for success in this role, as we actively pursue data-driven excellence and quality assurance.
The Associate Director of Business Intelligence and Quality Assurance role centers around utilizing data modeling, analytics, and data visualization tools to strengthen alumni affairs and development initiatives. The successful candidate must be willing to go the extra mile for the team’s success. They should be a problem solver, creative thinker, fast learner, detail-oriented, and interested in learning new technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic direction for the BI team, aligning data initiatives with organizational goals and priorities.
- Develop interactive dashboards and reports using BI tools (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Power BI) to communicate data findings effectively to stakeholders.
- Oversee data analysis from various sources to identify trends, patterns, and insights that drive informed decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and translate them into actionable data solutions.
- Create and maintain interactive dashboards, reports, and visualizations to communicate insights to stakeholders effectively.
- Establish and maintain a robust quality assurance program to ensure the highest quality standards in our processes, products, and services.
- Collect, clean, and analyze data from multiple sources to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies.
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track the performance of various business functions.
- Collaborate with department heads and management to understand their data needs and provide actionable insights via business intelligence.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to answer specific business questions and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Build predictive and prescriptive models to support decision-making processes.
- Develop and maintain forecasting models to assist in resource allocation and strategic prospect planning.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity by implementing data quality standards and monitoring data sources.
- Work with HMS Lead on implementing the Next Generation Enterprise system to Build data models and data transformation processes to be consumed by our Oracle Apex materialized views that power our 25+ applications in our AAD portal.
- Contribute to data governance initiatives, including data documentation and data lineage tracking.
- Stay current with industry best practices and emerging business intelligence and analytics technologies.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation to enhance efficiency and data accuracy.
- Implement data governance practices to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's and or advanced degree in Computer Science, data analysis, or a related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of software development experience or data analysis preferred or similar experience.
- Experience working in higher education, advancement systems, Qlik, a plus but not required.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python, Apex, Java, etc., and related frameworks. Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum two years’ additional post-secondary education or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor.
Additional InformationThe health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities! (https://www.gem.com ?formID=16341e35-cbc6-4904-88a3-09b35763307e)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.