Instructn Tech Support Spclst
Job posting number: #7209717 (Ref:hh-64726BR)
Posted: January 23, 2024
Position DescriptionHarvard Medical School is looking for a talented online learning technology support specialist to join the Teaching and Learning Technology team in the Information Technology department. Supporting the use of learning management, collaboration and communication, and media delivery technology for a diverse set of scientist and physician instructors, the Instructional Technology Support Specialist will support and assist in the development of an optimal online presence for various instructional pedagogies across our Medical Doctorate, Masters, and other non-degree courses and programs. Through support tickets, regular technology utilization health checks, and partnerships with program staff and administration, this position will be responsible for providing instructional faculty and staff with expert technology consultation and support for a defined subset of programs and teaching activities.
Daily work includes:
- Manage and respond timely to a queue of support tickets and calls from across Harvard Medical School, ensuring questions are appropriately addressed or triaged.
- Assist faculty and program staff and subject matter experts with developing and maintaining an online learning presence for student access to class materials and hybrid/online learning assets.
- Schedule and conduct regular technology utilization health checks for a defined subset of programs and teaching faculty
- User onboarding and provisioning for various academic technologies Other responsibilities as assigned
Basic QualificationsThree or more years of professional experience in academic technology support in higher education or similar environment.
Additional Qualifications and SkillsBachelor’s degree preferred. A successful candidate will have proven experience with using online content development software, including basic HTML/CSS knowledge and creative applications of WYSIWYG interfaces. Ability to apply these skills in the development and delivery of online learning assets for classroom, hybrid, and remote learning environments is paramount.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Experience working with faculty in a college/university setting, especially in a teaching team role Harvard / HMS experience a plus.
- Knowledge of ADA Compliance requirements for content design and development. Ability to deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines. Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and project management skills.
- Technical Expertise: learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.), video content management systems (Kaltura, Mediasite, Panopto, etc.) and virtual conferencing systems (Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.) preferred.
Additional InformationThe health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities! (https://www.gem.com ?formID=16341e35-cbc6-4904-88a3-09b35763307e)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.