Research Associate II - Knott Lab - Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics
Beverly Hills, CA
Job posting number: #7210563 (Ref:321)
Posted: January 23, 2024
Join Dr. Simon Knott and his research group as a Research Associate II!
The goal of the Knott Laboratory is to develop cancer treatment strategies that are focused on the hetero-cellular interactions within tumors that drive disease progression. This work entails developing and interrogating models of resistance to already established as well as experimental therapies. In addition, the Knott Lab applies novel profiling methods to study patient tumors so that the cellular interactions driving the diseased tissue can be ascertained. By applying the knowledge gained from studying clinical material to focus questions asked of the model systems, the Knott Lab hopes to identify rationally guided therapeutic strategies to halt disease progression. To learn more, please visit Knott Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Knott Laboratory is interested in a variety of research topics. The lab currently has three main areas of focus: Tumor Heterogeneity, Hetero-Cellular Interactions in Tumors, and Technology Development.
Working under direct supervision, the RA II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The RA II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, including, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The RA II will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assists in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assists in identifying and troubleshooting unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate the use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in the preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants, lower-level research associates, and undergraduate student researchers on daily lab operations and routine procedures.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in biological science is required.
Experience and Skills:
- At least one (1) year of research lab experience is required. Understanding of general research objectives and familiarity with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, cell biology, genetics, and genomics is a plus.
- Function efficiently as an individual and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research scientists, research associates, and graduate students.
- Highly motivated and independent with superior interpersonal, communication, and strong organizational skills, including excellent written and oral communication.
- Computer skills include, but are not limited to, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to detail.
About the Team
Req ID : 321
Working Title : Research Associate II - Knott Lab - Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics
Department : Enterprise Research Admin
Business Entity : Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category : Academic / Research
Job Specialty : Research Studies/ Clin Trial
Overtime Status : NONEXEMPT
Primary Shift : Day
Shift Duration : 8 hour
Base Pay : $21.26 - $36.14