PROFESSOR IN MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BIOLOGY
Job posting number: #7211792
Posted: January 29, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: 06800
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
Job DescriptionThe Université de Sherbrooke invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions in Molecular and Cellular Biology in the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science. The appointment is at the level of assistant professor, but a more senior appointment is possible for candidates with suitable experience. Candidates should have a strong publication record and evidence of the ability to teach and to establish an extramurally funded original research program. Candidates studying molecular and cellular biology in eukaryotic systems are especially encouraged to apply. The Department of Biology seeks to strengthen its research capacity in the following areas:
Molecular and Cell Biology Profile - genetics (genome-wide screens, high-throughput structure-function studies, etc.), cell biology, systems biology, synthetic biology, structural biology, bioinformatics and/or omics technologies.
Plant Biology Profile – molecular and cellular biology of plant systems, including, but not limited to, genetics, phenotyping, cell biology, bioinformatics, structural biology, ‘omics research.
THE UNIVERSITÉ DE SHERBROOKE
The Université de Sherbrooke is located in one of the three major higher education and research hubs in Québec and is among the top ten research universities in Canada. The Université de Sherbrooke is committed to research excellence, with multiple service platforms to support research. World-class proteomics, RNomics, genomics and protein purification platforms are available to all researchers and an exclusive access to the Mammouth supercomputer array enables high-throughput analysis of the data generated by these technologies.
The Faculty of Science has recently made major investments in infrastructure for plant science research, including the construction of a research greenhouse and the acquisition of an automated plant phenotyping platform.
Recognized for student satisfaction, its coop internship programs and its initiatives toward sustainable development, the Université de Sherbrooke also works closely with national and local governments to foster social, cultural, and economic development.
The Université de Sherbrooke has over 31,000 students. It has more than 3,000 international students from 104 countries and territories. With its 416 study programs, it offers training at all cycles and in all major sectors of human activity. Located in the Eastern Townships of Québec, Sherbrooke offers a diversity of welcoming, affordable and family-friendly living options.
• Develop and maintain an active research program
• Supervise and mentor graduate students.
• Teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Contribute to University administrative tasks.
• Contribute to scientific community service and outreach.
• PhD or equivalent and relevant postdoctoral experience in biology, including a strong publication record.
• Ability to conduct an independent and externally-funded research program.
• Strong interest and ability in teaching, research, and innovation.
• Ability to supervise and mentor graduate students.
• Have an excellent record of publications peer-reviewed at the international level.
• Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships, collaboration and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and initiative in communication and interaction with internal and external collaborators.
• Be able to abide to the requirements in line with the responsible behavior of research.
• Professors at the Université de Sherbrooke are expected to be able to teach in French, or to rapidly attain the ability to do so. An institutional learning support program is offered to all new faculty wishing to learn French.
The working conditions are governed by the collective agreement in force.
Regular, full-time tenure-track position.
Anticipated start date: September 2, 2024.
Check our website then submit your application online. For this opportunity, see offer 06800.
Direct link: https://www.usherbrooke.ca/emplois/offre/no/06800
Review of applications will begin on March 15th, 2024 at 5:00 pm (EST) and will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a two-page summary of how their current research program would be developed at the Université de Sherbrooke.
In addition, Candidates should also arrange to have three letters of reference e-mailed directly by referees who are qualified to support their candidature. These documents should be sent to the address below:
Faculty of Science
Job posting 06569
Université de Sherbrooke
2500, boul. de l’Université Sherbrooke (Québec)
CANADA J1K 2R1
E-mail : [email protected]