post-doctoral research fellow
Job posting number: #7211799
Posted: January 29, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: $56,484-$63,852
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThree full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. David Wei, MD, PhD in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston to study the molecular mechanisms of kidney disease and to develop novel therapeutic concepts.
The ideal candidates are expected to join a dynamic and well-published research team that provides opportunity and platform to perform research in the designated area, and to potentially develop into an independent biomedical scientist. The candidates are expected to be enthusiastic and highly motivated who can work independently and/or collaboratively as part of a big team fully supported by the Institute.
• Drive NIH or Institute funded projects under the direct supervision of PI.
• Perform study in one of the following areas: virus-host interaction and kidney disease, renal fibrosis, the interplay of circulating immune factors with local milieu in kidney disease.
• Execute the proposed experiments and collect the experimental data.
• Work with a group of scientists for trouble shooting and brainstorming.
• Design and develop new research protocols and experimental procedures.
• Analyzes data and write the findings up together with PI for publication.
• Present research findings at local/national/international meetings.
• Open for collaboration and work in a team based environment.
• MD or Ph.D. training in Basic Science, Translational Science, or a related field.
• MD or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, or a related field.
• Experience with handling small laboratory animals, or
• Experience with bioinformatical analysis of sequencing data (including single-cell and bulk genomic and epigenomic data).
Based on research experience and skill sets, we provide competitive compensation and benefit package following UTMB and NIH guidelines. Outstanding candidates can be considered for promotion to junior faculty. Interested candidate please send CV, a letter of intent and contact details for two or more references to Dr. David Wei at [email protected].