Job posting number: #7214607 (Ref:hh-64994BR)
Posted: February 7, 2024
Over the past five years, the Data Architecture team at Harvard Medical School has been building a data warehouse for Administrative and Education data (named Delphi). Delphi currently draws from more than 40 data sources and serves as a data hub for the Medical School. Delphi incorporates a Data Lake and a Kimball Style Data Mart with Master Data Management.
The DA team is currently looking to hire a BI Developer to serve as a consultant to departments across the school that need to use Delphi data in their daily work. This work involves:
- Developing Tableau dashboards for school-wide reporting and for smaller departments without their own Tableau developers.
- Developing Tableau data sources for larger departments with their own Tableau developers.
- Research, design, and implement technical solutions to deliver business requirements. Interact with stakeholders across the School and at all levels to understand their data requirements and collaborate with them on reporting/dashboard solutions.
- Administering and managing the Tableau servers and software.
- Mentoring new Tableau users across the School.
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a stakeholder-facing Business Analyst role, will have deep experience with SQL and Tableau, and will have a desire to broaden their skills by learning new technologies and practices.
- Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5 years of business analyst experience. Proven ability to work well with non-technical people.
- Comfortable working with many types of stakeholders, from BI developers to data analysts to line managers to C-Level.
- 5 years of SQL Development experience – SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- 5 years of development experience with Tableau.
- Data analysis skills.
- Experience with Kimball Data Modeling, SSIS or other ETL Tool, and/or Master Data Management preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education or academic research environment preferred.
- Willingness to follow established development standards and patterns.
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment cross-organizationally with and without direct supervision.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
Additional InformationCandidates may be asked to show portfolios.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities! (https://www.gem.com ?formID=16341e35-cbc6-4904-88a3-09b35763307e)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.