Pharmacy Technician II-OC
Job posting number: #7215436 (Ref:10024694)
Posted: February 9, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: $25.81 - $38.71 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Pharmacy Technician II
Join the transformative team atCity of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician II! Our role is for a California registered technician who under the supervision of a Pharmacist, packages, prepares and compounds oral medications, Intravenous medications, and Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains control procedures, performs inventory, and stock control.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Ensure compliance with USP 797 & 800 at all times.
- Utilize proper aseptic technique for all pharmaceutical mixing.
- Order, receive, and maintain accurate medication inventory.
- Coordinate with Specialty Pharmacies or manufactures for timely deliveries of medications for infusion.
- Performs routine daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning as required.
- Procure and maintain supplies necessary for daily mixing operation.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Assist the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
- Perform inspections of all pharmacy and all clinical areas where medications are stored and submits audit report to the appropriate individual.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
Your qualifications should include:
- High School or equivalent or
- Post High School vocational/specialized training or
- Graduation from a foreign school of Pharmacy
- Minimum Experience: 3 or more years of performing related duties as a pharmacy technician
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board ofPharmacy
- Graduate from a Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Certified Pharmacist Technician (CPhT) from Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $25.81 - $38.71 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.