Job posting number: #7216200 (Ref:ej-5008465)
Posted: February 9, 2024
Job ID: 268497
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of
Augusta University -
Our Health Sciences Campus: 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
The Medical College of Georgia is one of the nation's largest medical schools by class size, with 260 students per class. The educational experience is anchored by the main campus in Augusta, regional clinical campuses for third- and fourth-year students across the state and a second four-year campus in Athens in partnership with the University of Georgia. MCG's expanding partnerships with physicians and hospitals across Georgia currently provides about 350 sites where students can experience the full spectrum of medicine, from complex care hospitals to small-town solo practices. MCG and its teaching hospitals also provide postgraduate education to more than 500 residents and fellows in 50 different Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved programs. Our researchers and clinicians focus on what most impacts the health of Georgia's and America's children and adults, including cardiovascular biology and disease, cancer, neurosciences and behavioral sciences, public and preventive health, regenerative and reparative medicine, personalized medicine and genomics. Our physician faculty also share their expertise with physicians and patients at about 100 clinics and hospitals statewide.
The Nurse Clinician will provide patient care as a part of the Pediatric Hemophilia Team under the supervision of the attending physician and nurse manager for the Hemophilia Program. The position will also provide patient and family education, in-service training for nursing personnel, patients, school officials, and community health care providers. Training and in-service education may be required in the home or school setting. The position will assist with research protocols as needed.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between patient/family, physician, students, insurance, pharmacy, and other entities: compose letters, complete forms, call in medications, assist with obtaining necessary prior authorizations through the insurance company, etc.: triaging phone calls/messages, addressing various problems and questions from multiple sources; serving as a resource for patients, caregivers, office staff, residents, students, physicians, hospital staff, schools, and community. Providing education and in-service training regarding thrombophilia to parents, community staff, medical staff via school in-services, hospitals/clinics, home visits for patients.
- Provide patient care for patients in the thrombophilia clinics under the supervision of the attending physician and the nurse manager from the hemophilia clinic. Assisting physician with patient history and performing general and specialized nursing care activities; document individualized nursing care for outpatients through electronic medical records, and through the American Thrombosis and Hemostasis network database. Obtain blood samples. administer medications or perform procedures for patients through the clinic. Provide educational materials and instructions for patients/families relating to diagnosis, treatment options, side effects and prognosis of thrombophilia.
- Responsible for patient assessment on day of admission through the clinic; review discharge orders and provide patient/families with education and instructions for post-op care and document individualized nursing care for inpatients in power chart and ATHNs.
- Assist with research; document according to research-protocol. Provide follow-up/assistance, and resolution with patient Issues; assist with developing protocols related to pediatric thrombophilia.
- Perform all other job-related duties/tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia, and a minimum of three year' of clinical experience in a specialized area. Must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS/BCLS certification
Associate's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia, and a minimum of six years of clinical experience in a specialized area. Must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS/BCLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
**This position is 100% grant funded**
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)
Pay Grade: 21
Salary: $60,058 - $70,000
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 2/8/24 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today!
https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/ Search Job Opening ID: 268497
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=268497&PostingSeq=1