Physical Therapy Assistant-Per Diem
Job posting number: #7216355 (Ref:10024162)
Posted: February 12, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: $32.24 - $48.35 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Physical Therapist Assistant-Per Diem
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. Our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We are hiring a Physical Therapist Assistant! This position will deliver high-quality patient care through treatment, intervention, and family training while adhering to all relevant laws and regulations governing the practice of physical therapy.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of a registered physical therapist.
- Contributes to patient assessment, treatment planning and implementation process.
- Implements treatment programs safely, monitors patient and family response, and modifies treatment appropriately in collaboration with the primary therapist.
- Documents patient care in the medical record.
- Communicates observations, facts and comments with interdisciplinary team member, individually, and through team meetings and family conferences.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with patient and caregivers.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Acts as a preceptor to physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Your qualifications should include:
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy
- Entry level position, no experience required.
- Acute care experience preferred.
- Graduate of an approved PT Assist. program and have met CA Board eligibility requirements.
- Current Physical Therapist Assistant license in the State of California or eligible to take the state board exam
- CPR (through the American Heart Association)
- Hourly Per Diem Rate: $43.790591
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $32.24 - $48.35 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.