Manager, Digital Hosting Solution Delivery
Job posting number: #7216776 (Ref:pf-4906068)
Posted: February 13, 2024
Enterprise Platforms & Security (EP&S) provides secure technology capabilities that enable all aspects of Pfizer’s business, and thus EP&S colleagues have an opportunity to have a real and meaningful impact on the lives of millions of patients.
Digital Hosting Solutions (DHS) within EP&S is responsible for the development and delivery of the application-enabling infrastructures that underpin each and every Digital technology function within Pfizer, putting us in the unique position of servicing clients in every business line, in every location, around the globe.
DHS operates in an Agile, product-oriented model, with every outcome delivered via clearly established Product lines with support from engineering & development Practices. While work is often concentrated along these lines, increasingly, innovative Digital aspirations require the integration of multiple product components into a single solution outcome, which in turn demands tight orchestration across lines and practices and the rapid identification and mitigation of conflict.
The Manager, Digital Hosting Solution Delivery will provide operational oversight and coordination across the DHS product/practice organization. This role involves ensuring the timely delivery of outcomes to meet both internal and external customer needs, while activity addressing risks and enforcing security and engineering best practices. A delivery manager will define, track, and report product delivery metrics and foster cross-team collaboration. The position will work directly for the Sr. Manager, Solution Delivery Manager.
The Manager, Digital Hosting Solution Delivery must operate with the highest levels of integrity, as colleagues within DHS are often entrusted with the highest levels of access to development and production environments. The ability to protect confidential information, identify risks, mitigate non-compliance, and operate within defined policies & procedures is a must.
- Provide operational oversight across a product/practice area, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of products.
- Align and enforce Agile & Product-oriented best practices across the teams, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and quality deliverables.
- Define and drive key performance indicators to measure and improve the organization’s product execution.
- Drive the coordination and alignment of larger, complex, multi-team initiatives for product delivery, ensuring timely and high-quality outcomes.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across business and technical teams to align product goals and milestones.
- Manage risks and issues related to product delivery, devising, and implementing mitigation strategies as needed.
- Drive communication and reporting on product milestones, issues, and risks to all stakeholders.
- Partner with Solutions Management to capture projects costs before work is committed.
- Maintain & prioritize cross product dependencies for awareness and escalation.
- Manage ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in product delivery or project management.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- General knowledge of product management principles and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and strong business acumen.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to drive clarity in a complex environment and work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in an agile work environment possessing qualities such as a collaborative mindset, adaptability to change, and a proactive problem-solving approach.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Previous experience or certifications in project management (PMP, CSM) or Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Familiarity with public and private cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Respond on short notice during normal working hours. Extended hours, weekends, and holidays may occasionally be required during critical events.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
In order to be considered for this position in Ireland you need to be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
Please note there is no relocation support available for this position
How to apply
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply with CV below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.