FLOOR TECHNICIAN I
Job posting number: #7216871 (Ref:hlj_51785)
Posted: February 13, 2024
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Under the direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor the Floor Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all floor types (carpet, tile, VCT, laminate, etc.) which involves dust mopping, auto scrubbing, burnishing and buffing.
- This position performs a variety of duties that support the department in maintaining a clean environment for patients and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Floor Maintenance
Hard surface floor maintenance: dust / damp mopping, scrubbing, buffing, waxing, etc.
Carpet maintenance: vacuuming, bonneting, extracting
Operating machines: auto- scrubbers, battery-powered burnishers, corded buffers, side by side scrubbers, extractors, wet vacuums
- High touch surface disinfection and cleaning
Properly clean and disinfect all types of areas including clinical inpatient/outpatient (patient rooms, exam rooms,
nurse stations, etc.), support/common areas, offices, labs, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, corridors, external grounds, etc.
Handle and dispose of medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions, including properly tying and labeling bags
Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment for each situation
Clean spills containing blood or other potentially infectious material using established infection control, safety, and ES departmental procedures
Occasionally may have to travel to off-site locations
Complete other duties as assigned
- Policies and Procedures
Follow departmental and other regulatory standards regarding all cleaning policies and procedures (using proper
disinfectants, labeling chemical bottles, keeping an organized cart, etc)
Perform all essential functions following established safety and infection control requirements (perform hand hygiene, wear PPE, etc.)
Follow instructions and guidelines set forth by Environmental Services management
- Training and Competencies
Demonstrate competency by completing required departmental education and training
Represent the Environmental Services department positively and professionally at all times
Maintain positive relationships and good communication with patients, visitors, staff members, and those within the Environmental Services department
Report all facilities/maintenance issues to Supervisor
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required
- 6 months experience in the following: healthcare, environmental services, customer service, or hospitality
- 6 months floor tech experience
- Please note, an additional 6 months healthcare/hospitality/customer service experience may be considered on top of the 6 months experience required for a total of 12 months may be considered in lieu of a HS Diploma or GED
OR Completion of a healthcare environmental services training from MacDonald Training Center may also be considered in lieu of both the six( 6) months of experience and HS diploma/GED
- Ability to follow oral/written instruction and communicate effectively (speaking and reading) in English.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.