ONCOLOGY TECHNICIAN PRN
Job posting number: #7216912 (Ref:hlj_51804)
Posted: February 13, 2024
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center's 4 South unit is looking to add an Oncology Technician to their Team. This 24 bed unit provides a dynamic working environment that cares for Hematology and Medical Oncology patients. Our staff provides knowledgeable and skilled care within a unique interdisciplinary team. Our staff are trained and competent to care for patients on telemetry, receiving chemotherapy, and undergoing Clinical Trials. To support our staff, Moffitt Cancer Center continues to offer Radiation safety and chemotherapy competency education, along with quarterly workshops.
The Ideal Candidate
- CNA with patient care experience in an acute care setting.
- Student currently enrolled in BSN program (must have completed Nursing Fundamentals course).
- 1 year of inpatient hospital experience (preferred)
- Active BLS Card -see options
- Assist with activities of daily living and provide basic nursing care to patients
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Adheres to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Florida CNA License
- OR active enrollment in BSN program (must have completed Nursing Fundamentals course).
- BLS required
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.