PERIOP SPECIALITY RN I INTERN
Job posting number: #7216921 (Ref:hlj_51806)
Posted: February 13, 2024
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
PeriOP Internship RN I
- The Peri-op Specialty RN I Intern will initiate a professional nursing practice career in a supportive environment committed to mentoring, coaching and learning.
- Interns will build confidence through a structured, professional transition into-practice experience that is customized to individual developmental needs. They will also develop leadership skills that will positively impact the clinical practice environment and patient outcomes.
- Peri-op Specialty RN I Intern will create and enhance professional networks and relationships with peers during the internship, while honing and developing clinical and leadership skills in an evidenced based practice Operating Room.
- The entire internship program length is 6 months with the inclusion of rotation through the 11 specialty teams, including Scrubbing Skills, robotics, thoracic, neurosurgery and head and neck.
- The internship program also includes informal, one-on-one meetings at scheduled intervals throughout the program to provide additional support and to monitor the Peri-op Specialty RN I Intern’s progress. Interns will also participate in evaluation of their own individual progress as well as evaluation of the overall program.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduated from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution BSN
- 1 to 2 years nursing experience in a peri-operative or operating room setting (preferred)
- Holds a National Nursing specialty certifications
- Nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation
- Delegation and coordination of patient care
- Organizational skills
- Resource Management
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science of Nursing
- In lieu of Bachelors, an Associate's degree in Nursing plus 1 year of relevant experience may be considered
- Preferred Education-Master's Degree
- Registered Nurse (RN) RN-Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of FL, or a valid Multi-State privilege to practice in FL (must declare FL as primary State of residence within 30 days from date of hire if licensed in another eNLC compact state with multi-state privileges)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.