SECURITY OFFICER III
Job posting number: #7216946 (Ref:hlj_51799)
Posted: February 13, 2024
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Schedule: 7a - 3p (Alternating Weekends)
The Security Officer III is directly responsible for making every professional effort to provide a safe and secure environment while providing assistance to patients, visitors, staff and others as needed. The Security Officer III position is highly visible and may be assigned to either static or mobile posts and shall act in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
At times the Security Officer III will serve as the first point of contact to patients, visitors and other guests and assist by screening and assigning access through the visitor management system. At other times, the Security Officer III actively patrols buildings and grounds in addition to responding to calls for service. A high degree of visibility and vigilance with emphasis on crime deterrence and prevention coupled with a guest relations oriented attitude is essential. This position plays a key role in the investigation, reporting and documenting of incidents involving criminal activity, safety and security issues, potential liability, employee misconduct and the resolution of critical incidents. The Security Officer III reports directly to the Security Supervisor and has accountability to the Manager of Safety and Security.
- Ensures that security sensitive areas are properly secured.
- Monitors camera systems and uses cameras to assist in investigations Observes and reports security and safety issues.
- Reports equipment alarms to responsible parties.
- Checks functionality of card access devices and doors.
- Conducts smoking patrols and enforces Center policies.
- Conducts investigations and completed written reports on suspected criminal activity, workplace violence, employee misconduct, slip, trip, and fall incidents.
- Responds to calls for service of medical assistance, employee terminations, patient security, patient medication transports.
- Responds to reported crimes in progress and provides assistance to law enforcement, critical incidents, and duress alarms.
- Assists at key entry points and service desks with check-in and screening of patients, visitors and guests through the visitor management system.
- Assists with printing of employees ID/Access badges and assigning access permissions.
- Assists with lost & found property.
- Assists patients with locker unlocks.
- Assists patients and visitors by providing directions.
- Receives deliveries of packages after-hours.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Education/GED required.
- Minimum five (5) years security experience in a hospital setting.
- Law enforcement, military service, or military police experience may be substituted on a one-for-one basis.
- Valid FL driver’s license is required. Must obtain Valid Florida Driver's License upon hire.
- 7 years law enforcement experience. Supervisory experience in law enforcement or a hospital security setting.
- Law Enforcement Investigations experience.
- IAHSS Basic and Advanced Certifications.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Experience working with video monitoring technology
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.