Research Assistant I

Harvard Medical School

Boston, MA

Job posting number: #7226183 (Ref:hh-65139BR)

Posted: March 8, 2024

Job Description

Position Description
The Research Assistant will belong to the Chiu laboratory at Harvard Medical School. The Chiu lab does primary research on neuroimmunology and its role in neurological diseases including frontotemporal dementia, pain, and alzheimer’s disease. The RA main duties will be 70% time on performing biomedical research in the Chiu lab, and the other 30% time on lab administrative type duties. The primary biomedical research will be on studying the role of a pathway called pyroptosis and its underlying proteins (Gasdermins) in neurodegeneration. The research assistant will carry out experiments in animal models and human cell lines, working closely with postdoctoral fellows and graduate students in the lab. The lab administrative duties will include help managing the animal colony, ordering supplies and managing lab safety duties.
Basic Qualifications
College background and 1 year of research experience (relevant work in a university lab counts)
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor's degree, interest in basic science research and organizational skills.
Additional Information
This is a two year term appointment with the possibility of renewal contingent on funding.

Offer contingent upon successful completion of a pre-placement medical evaluation.

The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.

Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.

The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.

Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities! ( ?formID=16341e35-cbc6-4904-88a3-09b35763307e)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.

Apply Now

Please mention to the employer that you saw this ad on

More Info

Job posting number:#7226183 (Ref:hh-65139BR)
Application Deadline:Open Until Filled
Employer Location:Harvard Medical School
United States
More jobs from this employer